Saturday, September 12, 2009

The need to KNIT

With the cooler weather showing up, I am feeling the need to knit. I love to make my little hats and it is now time to pick up the knitting needles in the evening and get back to it. Of course this does now require a trip to the yarn shop. Oh, I do have tons of yarn to work with, but for some reason, it just isn't the same. I thought about ordering online, but that just doesn't fit the bill! I must go and feel the yarn! One would think that I could find some yarn in my 2 baskets, but then it isn't new yarn. I really need new yarn.




Problem is, my need for new yarn and knitting is competing with my need to sew. I keep getting called to all these different places in my sewing room. I'm going in circles!





Of course I can justify my trip out of the house today to buy everyone slippers. The house is all hardwood and we need some slippers to keep our toes warm! It is a combination of an old house and a new house and the old part still gets a little chilly in the winter.

Well, that is all it takes to get me motivated to head to the yarn shop. Off I go!

2 comments:

Emily Korff said...

I love yarn shopping! Although I usually buy it and then don't have time to use it. The Tuesday Morning near me has fabulous handspun-looking yarns.

Rebekah said...

What a great looking house!!