Today has proven to be a busy day yet not a very productive day. I took Broderick to speech therapy and he is making great strides with his speech. I then proceeded to wear my Angel wings (I volunteer with an organization St Joseph Angels)and help out a client with an electric bill. This was supposed to be easy, just go by the market and take the account number and pay the bill. I didn't have the 3 digit code I needed, so was on hold for 20 min with the electric company in the market - that is always fun. Anyway, bill paid and off I go for the rest of my errands.
I had Broderick's evaulation meeting today from the specialist we took him to. Thankfully he does not have Autism, and is just delayed. We are going to work very hard on getting delayed caught up. I think this means making our 5 yr old a little more independent and not calling him "the baby" anymore!!
I check my email before I head to the fabric store and I am informed that there is an ugly blog post about me. Nice...what a way to ruin my mood.
Often I talk about Bridget and Co as if it is more than 1 person. Bridget and Co will be coming out with this or Bridget and Co has some great designs in the works. Bridget and Co stands for Bridget who is my only daughter. I have 5 sons and Bridget was a blessing in the mix. She and her brother are only 16 months apart while the rest of my children are 3 years apart. The whole breastfeeding can't get pregnant is a total lie! Well, Bridget and Co is ME, MYSELF and I. I do it all. I design, I sew, I market, I ship and most importantly, I search for great fabrics. I have often thought about hiring help and really do need to, but it hard to even think about giving up one aspect of my business. A little bit of a control freak - yep! When it comes to something that is going to have my name on it, well it better be damn near perfect! I've worked very hard for years to build this business and it is finally paying off. I have repeat customers and they are the BEST!!
I have always tried to be a helpful person and am more than willing to share a technique when sewing or share a fabric source. I got a little irritated when someone made ruffle shorts and used the term "Rufflettes" as it took me awhile to come up with that word, but I really in the long run didn't care. If it got them some sales, good for them. I have enough work to keep me busy and not lose the reputation I have built by putting out a good product. I have had my issues and have had to remake things - I'm not perfect, but I strive to put out the best product and customer service that I can.
So, when it was brought to my attention that someone decided to write lies about me, it took me aback. I want people to like me. I want to be helpful and I really don't know why I deserved to be slammed, but oh well, this is how the boutique business rolls sometimes. I will keep doing my thing and working hard for my customers. If I focus on the negative then I won't get done what I need to get done and if I worry about it, then they win and as I've said many times before, we are all just women who should be supporting each other instead of trying to bring the other down. I am pleased with how my business has grown and I am beyond thrilled with the customers that I have come to know so well and just adore them. I love seeing little girlies in my outfits and maybe someday I might just have to start doing boys things again (yes, I did them, with 5 boys...)
So, back to sewing I go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry someone was so cruel as to do that to you. You are honestly one of the most pleasant business owners I have ever met, and I have have ALWAYS been completely satisfied with everything I have gotten from you, which is alot.:) Shame on them for being so back handed.
Well Debbie, l want to know who it was. I want to tell them that they are tacky and that ugly things should not be said to anyone, unless they have been discussed first.
Although I don't know you very well, I have read your blog and know that you are a great mom. Your designs are sweet and cute and so unbelievably unique. It is not your fault that you don't have a million dollars to grow overnight. LOL. I know. I have so many people copying me, but I decided to do as Matilda Jane does, and call them out on it.
I have written a ton of boutique owners asking for advice, and never did I get an answer until I wrote you. You were very sweet and kind. You befriended me on Facebook, not afraid of what a nice word would mean to me. It touched me. I have always believed that the more you give the more you will get. I follow a very good and now famous photographer named Jasmin Star, and she is of the same belief. I would never have learned so much about photography without her. I owe her a lot.
I am sorry that this happened to you, but keep your head up. It is a tough competitve world out there right now, and these wanna-be's are nothing more then a wanna be. Your talent is untouchable. {{{{HUGS}}}} and I hope tomorrow is a better day!
Post a Comment