Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Everything

When exercising on my treadmill, there is a song called Everything. I would have to look it up to see who sings it as I have no idea and since Bryce updates my Ipod for me, I tend to get what he listens too. He has pretty good taste most of the time, but there are a few songs on there that just aren't my taste. For example, "Its Time to Dance". I've never even listened to the song, I just pass it on by.

Now, back to the song that I do like. "Everything". It makes me really think. It talks about wanting Everything. One line is "I want Everything". So, what is Everything? Is it materialistic things? Is that Everything? Would that make you happy?

To me, "Everything" has nothing at all to do with wanting things, it makes me want the things that one can only find in oneself. That inner happiness and inner peace that we all need to have. I am married to a person who I don't think has "Everything" and I often wonder if I have "Everything".

No comments: